Mermaid | Hand Poured Candle
Rainbows & Unicorns hand poured candle by Let's Put a Bird On It in California. Featuring a colorful hand drawn design wrapping around the entire jar. Made using only vegan + cruelty free, sustainable ingredients. Gold unicorn lid. 9 oz jar. Burn time is approx. 60+ hours.
MERMAID is fresh ocean scent with notes of daylily, sea spray and watery florals.
All Let's Put a Bird On It candles are made with a unique blend of apricot, coconut & soy wax. The wax is clean burning, eco-friendly, renewable, American grown, sustainable, and carbon neutral.
Pure, renewable Apricot wax is infused with paraben & phthalate-free fragrances and essential oils.
Let's Put a Bird on it wood wicks are made from recycled US wood, pressure treated for 3 days to ensure a nice crackle, reminiscent of a fireplace.
• Let's Put a Bird On It gives back! 2% of all profits benefit various non-profits specializing in animal rescue and rehab.
GET THE MOST OUT OF YOUR CANDLE:
The first time you burn your candle, you should burn at least approx 2 hours, or until the melt pool (liquified wax on the top layer of a burning candle) nears the inside edge of the jar. Each time thereafter, burn until you’ve fully re-established the melt pool to prevent tunneling. Burn times vary according to ambient temperature and humidity.
CLEANING & REPURPOSING:
One great thing about soy wax is how soft and easy to clean with soap and water it is. If you experience a spill of melted wax, simply clean with warm, soapy water.
For safety reasons you should never burn a candle all the way down to the bottom, it is recommended to retire a candle once it has only 1/2" of wax remaining. Once you are ready to repurpose your candle vessel, follow these instructions to remove the remaining wax from the container:
(follow these steps only once wax is fully cooled)
• Fill glass with approximately 1 inch of water
• Use a butter knife to carve an "X" into the remaining wax, then use your butter knife to follow the edge where the wax meets the glass
• Now that your wax is loosened up, use your butter knife to pry out remaining wax and pop wick tab out from the bottom - it is glued in place ( water should help keep it all together for easy disposal )
• Use hot soapy water to get any remaining residue cleaned up, and you're ready to repurpose!
Use your jar for whatever you'd like! We recommend using them to hold trinkets, cotton swabs, bobby pins, hair ties, nails & screws- or fill an inch or so with small rocks or gravel, add in some soil and create a new habitat for a small plant!